Solutions for Securing Global Networks
Interim Marketing Executive 2009 – 2010
SonicWALL was expanding throughout the Latin America and had hired country managers in four locations; Colombia, Brazil, Mexico and Argentina. The country managers were running their businesses remotely, on their own, and needed both strategic and tactical marketing support as well as a tie back into Corporate.
- Focus on LATAM: overall marketing responsibility to ensure that SonicWALL corporate position and messaging is effectively communicated to these remote parts of the globe, with messaging and positioning in tact but tweaked for local reception and appropriateness. Scope included strategic marketing, channel marketing and partner communications, sales support, press/public relations, branding.
- Work ranged from the strategic to the tactical, generating leads, building brand awareness, …
- Direct and manage SonicWALL’s several PR firms throughout the region for maximum results. These firms are in Mexico, Colombia and Brazil.
- Since SonicWALL has no in-country marketing managers in LATAM, we work collaboratively to get the job done with the country managers and channel managers.
- Oversee investments of both corporate marketing funds and partner co-marketing (MDF) funds.
- Maintain mutually beneficial analyst relations, primarily with Frost & Sullivan who tracks the network security market and competitors in Latin America.
Net net: established a foothold in LATAM network security market, SonicWALL recognized as a key player among vendors there.