Solutions for Securing Global Networks
Interim Marketing Executive 2006 – 2009
SonicWALL was expanding throughout the Pacific Rim and had hired country managers in six Asian locations — Japan, China, India, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia. These managers were running their businesses remotely and on their own, and needed both strategic and tactical marketing support as well as a tie back into Corporate.
Contributions, Areas of Responsibility
- Focus on JAPAC: overall marketing responsibility to ensure that SonicWALL corporate position and messaging is effectively communicated to these remote parts of the globe, with messaging and positioning in tact but tweaked for local reception and appropriateness. Scope included strategic marketing, channel marketing and partner communications, sales support, press/public relations, branding.
- Work ranged from the strategic to the tactical, generating leads, building brand awareness, …
- Direct and manage SonicWALL’s several PR firms throughout Japan and Asia for maximum results.
- Recommended the hire of in-country marketing managers in Japan, India and China. Interviewed and hired in each of those key markets.
- Manage an annual budget of just over US$1million. Oversee investments of both corporate marketing funds and partner co-marketing (MDF) funds.
- Maintain mutually beneficial analyst relations, primarily with Frost & Sullivan who tracks the network security market and competitors in Asia Pacific.
- SonicWALL was named the vendor with the best marketing by our fastest growing distributor in the fastest growing country, India
- SonicWALL was named by ZDNet/Asia #1 of the top ten fastest-growing companies in Asia
Top 10 fastest growing
By Victoria Ho, ZDNet Asia
SonicWALL was named by ZDNet/Asia #1 of the top ten fastest-growing companies in Asia
With the growing reliance on mobility and mobile content, the rapid rise of online and mobile service providers should surprise few. Network security firm, SonicWALL, topped the fastest-growing income list with a 733.31 percent average income growth